Tuesday 3 November 2009

Why speak up now?

With so many blogs around, and given I've been using the internet and its precessors for about 23 years, why start now?

Maybe it's catharsis, maybe it's because it took a while to think of a name that hadn't already been taken, maybe it's simply because I've realised that the standard of editorial journalism has fallen so far that it's not hard to do better!

Actually, I did once have a sort of blog, back in the early days of the internet before most of the world had heard about it and before even "web log" had been coined and got shorted to "blog", and like many users it was simply a home page with random things on it that I wanted to share with the world. Without the tools to make it easy to keep going, it became dated and lame so got deleted.

So, after a lot of thought and head-scratching I started up a new blog. Some of the questions and ideas I want to express seem to me to be totally obvious, and probably will to anyone who bothers to read, but sometimes the obvious questions are the hardest to answer clearly, concisely and without argument!

Will this become one of the many blogs that get abandoned within a few posts? Might as well sacrifice some dignity and self-confidence and see what happens now I'm no longer "silent".

P.

No comments:

Post a Comment